Tuesday, April 28, 2009

THE IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION



When I came to the United States as an ESL student, I chose to apply myself academically in order to meet my personal goals in life. I realized that to make my dreams of being both a doctor and a public servant in America come true, I would need to work extra hard to learn English as well as all other required high school subjects. Despite the great language challenges that I faced, I was able to excel at school. I graduated from Fairfax County's J.E.B. Stuart High with honors and a perfect 4.0 grade point average.

I have appreciated from an early age the opportunities that hard work combined with a quality education can provide to anyone living in America. I pursued my education with a double major in Biology and Government at Georgetown University, making the Dean's List each year. I then completed my schooling at The Georgetown School of Medicine. With the support of my nearby parents and siblings, I was proud to become the first doctor ever in the Omeish family.
I am now raising the next Omeish generation as students of the same Fairfax County public school system that I attended. As the beneficiary of a system nurturing academic excellence, I would like my children to have the same quality education I was fortunate enough to have available growing up. I will work hard to preserve the same high standard of education I benefited from as a Fairfax County student for my own children as well as for all of the students of Virginia.

With your help, I would like to represent Virginia's citizens on education issues as Virginia's 35th District Delegate. I will work to have Virginia's General Assembly consider policies that will encourage even greater opportunities for our next generation of students. I know that the brightest future possible for Virginians will only be through a Virginia education system that provides our youth with a solid foundation critical for it's success.
GET INVOLVED! Help me be Virginia's next 35th District Delegate 
Omeish For Delegate 


No comments:

Post a Comment